• Due to the fixed costs, trips are planned by bus seat quantity and open to first come, first serve only.
• Payment and a completed Registration Form are required to reserve your child’s spot.
• Please advise of any special needs for your child on the Registration Form.
• Payment is due no later than 2 weeks prior to the calendar day of trip departure.
• Monroe Science Educational Services (MSES) accepts your payment on the express condition that you assent to the terms and conditions and no others. Your acceptance of these terms via payment shall constitute assent to these terms of Contract. If alternate or additional terms are required, they must be submitted in writing in a separate letter. MSES shall not be bound to any alternate or additional terms unless accepted such terms in writing in advance. In the event that a your check or credit payment becomes invalid due to user error or insufficient funds, a fee of forty dollars ($40) will be added to the balance owed.
MSES and/or Camp Monroe reserves the right to cancel Camps and/or Day Trips that do not meet minimum enrollment. If trips do not meet minimum occupancy requirements, a full refund will be issued prior to the scheduled trip.
Re-schedules – at no extra cost – are permitted by MSES and/or Camp Monroe up 30 days prior to departure and subject to availability.
Camp Monroe Cancellation Policy
Our trips are carefully planned and we must cover fixed operational costs. If you wish to cancel your child’s participation in a trip, your cancellation notice must be received in writing (email) no less than 30 days prior to trip. A $50 fee will apply and be subtracted from any refund. Cancellations with less than 30 days notice of the scheduled trip incur a $75 charge to be subtracted from the refund. Cancellation within 7 days or less will not receive any refund. To receive any refund upon a cancellation within 7 days or less, the situation must be a verifiable special circumstance or emergency. Please contact us to discuss.
MSES Day Trip Cancellation Policy
Our trips are carefully planned and we must cover fixed operational costs. If you wish to cancel your child’s participation in a trip, your cancellation notice must be received in writing (email) prior to trip. Due to fixed operational costs, refunds are provided minus a $39.00 cancellation fee no less than 30 days prior to trip. Cancellation within 7 days or less will not receive any refund. To receive any refund upon a cancellation within 7 days or less, the situation must be a verifiable special circumstance or emergency. Please contact us to discuss.
Limitation of Liability
Neither MSES, nor its staff or suppliers, shall be liable, whether in contract, warranty, failure of a remedy to achieve its intended or essential purpose, tort (including negligence), strict liability, indemnity or any other legal theory, for loss of use, revenue or profit, or for indirect, special, liquidated, incidental or consequential damages, or for any other loss or cost of similar type, or for claims. MSES’s maximum liability under this contract shall be the Contract price. You and MSES agree that the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section are separate and independent from any other remedies which Buyer may have.
Waiver of Claim
There is a Camp Monroe Blanket Insurance Policy that is provided by Monroe Science Educational Services and Sierra Pacific Bus Corporation; however Individual Student Field Trip Medical Insurance is not provided. In consideration of your child/ward’s participation in the activity, you hereby waive all claims or causes of action against Monroe Science Educational Services, Camp Monroe and its auxiliary organizations, and their directors, staff, employees, and agents, arising out of your child/ward’s participation in the activity. You also hereby release, hold harmless, and discharge Monroe Science Educational Services from all liability in connection therewith. In addition, you have been advised to obtain personal medical coverage and agree to use your child/ward’s personal medical insurance as a primary medical coverage payment if accident or injury occurs.
The laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict of law principles, shall govern the validity, interpretation and enforcement of this Contract. No amendment to or modification or alteration of the contract shall be effective against MSES without payers specific written agreement thereto. Disputes arising out of this Contract, not otherwise settled by mutual agreement between the parties, shall be settled by binding arbitration in Concord, California USA pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect.