All items except sleeping bag and pillow need to fit in one travel bag or suitcase. Bags should be labeled with student’s name. Sleeping bags and pillows should be secured together with bungee cords. Mobile phones are permitted, but reception is not always available for most carriers.
ALL ITEMS ARE REQUIRED:
For Bus Travel (Day 1)
- Snow & Heat – Most students will get wet in the snow and likely need a full change of clothes.
- 1 – Backpack
- Bagged lunch & snacks for the first day; *Dinner is 6:00PM
- 1 – Liter or 24 oz+ reusable water bottle; *in backpack
- 1 – Sunscreen ; *in backpack
- 1 – Light-Medium Jacket; worn
- 1 – Jeans or Pants; *worn
- 1 – T-shirt; *worn
- 1 – T-shirt; *extra in backpack
- 1 – Shorts; *extra in backpack
- 1 – Underwear; *extra in backpack
- 1 – Gloves for snow; *in backpack
- 1 – Plastic (13 gallon) trash bag for dirty/wet items;*clothing/shoes/towels will get wet when in the snow
- 1 – Hiking Boots/Shoes or Walking Shoes; *worn or in backpack (closed toed on trails & camp at all times!)
- 1 – Extra Sneakers or Slip-On Comfortable Shoes; *worn or in backpack (closed toed on trails & camp at all times!)
- 1 – Ball Cap Hat and/or Sunglasses; *recommended
For Camp & Trip (Day 2 & 3)
- 1 – Sleeping Bag & Pillow; *bungeed together
- 1 – Duffle Equipment Bag or Suitcase; *with everything below
- 1 – Flashlight with extra batteries; *nights & lava tube cave
- 1 – Jeans or Pants and Sweatpants for camp; *2 total
- 1 – Long Sleeve T-shirt, Sweatshirt or Flannel shirt
- 2 – T-shirts
- 2 – Underwear *change daily
- 1 – Sleepwear; *pajamas
- 1 – shorts
- 3 – Socks (pairs)
- 1 – Flip-flops for beach & showers; *ONLY
- 1 – Toothbrush with toothpaste
- 1 – Bath/Beach towel
- 1 – Wash cloth & Bar Soap in small plastic bag or container
- 1 – Deodorant
- 1 – Plastic (13 gallon) trash bag for dirty/wet items;*swimsuits/towels will get wet at the lake
- *1 – Emergency Rain Poncho (inexpensive folded plastic or large lawn & leaf bag); *if needed for thunderstorms
- Daily meals (except first lunch on trip)
- Playing cards
- Cell phone
- Any electronic devices you child may want to bring (headphones/ear buds for bus ride and quiet time)
- Battery Charger(s)
- Camp Monroe is not responsible for lost or stolen items!
- Regular school rules apply at all times.
- NO pocket knives or anything else which could be interpreted as a weapon are allowed.
- Camp Monroe is located at approximately 3,500ft/1,070m above sea level, even summer can have extreme weather conditions.
- Early June temperatures during the day average 70°-95°F (80°-85°F average) and the average nightly lows are 40°-55°F (45°-50°F average).
- Average precipitation is 0 – 3”. Afternoon thunderstorms are not uncommon.